Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pioneer Trek

 Gene and Karen came all the way up to watch our kids for us for 4 days while Tim and I got to go on Trek with the youth in our stake.  What a super cool experience! I don't have any pictures of the kids in our family because we weren't allowed to bring our camera, but it was so fun.  We had 9 kids in our family and we had to pull our handcart about 10 miles a day.  We would stop for lunch and then later to make camp and have dinner. The heat was terrible, no cold water and once we got somewhere, we just had to sit in the dirt in the shade or make camp in the sun, and then it was still hot! They had some fun activities for the kids and hopefully they realized that they can do hard things. Most of the camp got sick on the second day, really bad diarrhea so that was just terrible.  Dodging into the woods was not fun. One of the girls in my family also got a bit dehydrated and we had to give her a blessing.  I'm so glad we were able to go, I'm hopeful we will get to go again so that I can do it and not be sick. I was so happy to get home and take a shower! Best shower of my life!! I'm so thankful for the Pioneers and the sacrifices that they made and I hope the kids were able to learn from the Trek as well.

No comments: