Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Feeling better

I've been feeling better these past few weeks, but before that, I was still feeling awful. I think that all in all, I was suffering for about four weeks. What a horrible virus shingles are! The last little bit there was hard because I was feeling much better, but the nerve pain wouldn't allow me to wear a shirt. I felt like I could finally take care of my kids and my home, but I couldn't leave my house! A friend of mine, who is a pharmacist, suggested that I try using this cream called Capzasin. It's usually for arthritis pain, but can be used for shingles as well. I was scared to use it because he told me it was going to hurt more before it started helping and that was the last thing I wanted! However, I wanted my pain to stop so I decided to give it a shot. The first time I used it, I thought my skin was on fire it burned so bad. So strange because this was like pepper hot, it hurt so bad. He told me I had to use it four times a day! Geez! So I started using it and within a few days, I could wear a shirt! I think I used that for two weeks and I think that's what helped finally get rid of them. I still have some lingering aches but they don't really hurt. More like just annoying, sometimes it's a bit more annoying than usual, but it usually goes away pretty quickly. Right now I'm using some Vitamin E oil to help prevent scarring. My skin still looks like I have some kind of nasty disease, I really hope they don't leave scars. Only time will tell.

No comments: