Friday, August 3, 2012

What happened

Everleigh has been sleeping in my room at night since she has been born. {not in my bed} Now usually I get my babies out and into their own crib as soon as I can because I don't sleep well with them there. However, this time it's been different. The house we are renting right now has a rather long floor plan, and honestly, at this point, it's just laziness on my end. Her room is pretty far away and she is still waking up two times in the night. You see my point? I do not really want to walk all the way to her room, half asleep. Which now brings us to the reason why I am writing this post.

Last night I decided it was finally time for her to be in her own bed. Why? I am not getting enough sleep, go figure. She has begun to move around quit a bit and this wakes me up several times in the night, aside from when she wants to eat. Ok, so last night I put her in her own crib and set up my baby monitor. First time I heard her it was around 1:30ish and I immediately jumped out of bed (mostly because she scared me) then I turned down the baby monitor, because it was way too loud. Well, I thought she must have fallen back to sleep (this was not her typical wake up time to eat) because I didn't hear her cry out again. I fell back to sleep. Next thing I know it's 6:30, hmm. I grab the baby monitor, and its silent. No even any static. Pretty sure the batteries died at some point during the night. I ran to check on her. She's sound asleep {sucking on her fingers actually} I come back to the bedroom and tell Tim what happened, and at this point, I'm teary eyed. Did she cry her eyes out and think I left her in that big room all alone and she was starving? I guess I will never know. The only consolation tim offered was that her sheets nor her pajamas were soaked in tears and she didn't look all poofy eyed or scratched all over her face Ike she had been sobbing. She was also nursing just fine (at this point I had woken her u to feed her) and happy. He was pretty sure that if she thinks I had left her in there, she would be pretty mad at me, she can be pretty stubborn already. With all that being said, I guess I will never know if my baby had slept through the night or starved. And well, she's still alive, so I'm pretty sure she didn't starve to death! I guess we will have to wait and see how things go tonight, but I'm pretty certain she liked being in her own room!



1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, I remember those days! I was so, SO exhausted that most nights my kids ended up in bed with me.
I am pretty sure that Tim is right and she is just fine. I think, as moms, we worry about so many things, when in reality things went well. Such is the life of a mom, right? :)
Good luck with your beautiful baby!