Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sweet Sunday

Today my heart is full. Today was fast and testimony meeting at church. The beginning was rough for me, Everleigh was tired so I stepped out in the lobby to try and calm her down so she could go to sleep. After she fell sleep I made my way back into the chapel so I could sit with my family for the rest of the meeting. The spirit there today was strong and I love having a sacrament meeting where I feel so overwhelmed because it always helps me get in the right place to teach my next class second hour. Today my lesson went better than expected and my kids were awesome....well, they always are, but today stood out to me. I just love being able to connect with these young kids so that they are able to recognize and feel the spirit as well. It amazes me at how young they are {16-18} and how in tune with the spirit they are. I love seeing them tear up in class, it makes me feel like I'm doing my job as their teacher, and it makes me proud of their parents for teaching them the right things, it makes me want to be an even better parent so that my kids can hopefully be as knowledgeable as they are at such a young age. I just love my calling, this is the second time I've been called to teach this Sunday school class and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite callings. I've also been trying hard this week to read conference talks. With how accessible they are now days, I don't have much of an excuse to not be reading my scriptures and conference talks more often. I was really able to see first hand today how doing those things just made my week so much better. It really strengthens my testimony and I'm glad I was able to share my experiences with my class.

We went to a wedding yesterday so I just had to throw in a few cute pictures just for fun! It was 107 degrees here in Medford yesterday and we are not used to that kind of heat! The wedding we attended was outside and I think I lost 2 pounds just sweating so bad! Yikes!

 

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love teaching as well, II is my favorite calling! It is definitely awesome when you have a good class.
I am glad that you were able to have such a good Sunday!