Monday, July 23, 2012

practicing the art of sewing

Ever since I was given my sewing machine, I've been excited to use it, BUT really intimidated by it. I really haven't used it for much, a few little things here and there. I'm just nervous to try and figure out how to use it. So, in order to get comfortable with it, I asked a friend of mine who sews if she would pick out a cute pattern and make the same dress with me for our girls. We found this pattern online and then carefully selected our fabric. {I rather love it, don't you?} The dresses turned out adorable {just don't look to close at my hemming job} and I had a lot of fun making it. Now that I am more comfortable with my machine, who know's what I'll make next!



1 comment:

JulieN said...

Too cute...and an awesome job for your first time!