Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas Craft

I've been making these cute felt bows and I haven't quite decided what I want to do with them yet, but I thought I'd share how to make them!
Start by cutting strips of felt. Thy need to be 3/4 of and inch wide. You will need 3-12inchs long, 3-11inches long, 2-10inches long and 1-3 1/2 inches long.
Next you have to twist each piece. This part is kinda tricky to explain, so I tried to take several pictures and hopefully you can figure it out.


Then start stacking them, largest to smallest. The tutorial I learned from said to use a needle and thread to hold them together. I tried that and mine just fell apart. So I used hot glue. Much better for me, but if your handy with a needle, maybe sewing it is your thing. I just felt mine held together better with glue.
Happy bow-making!

No comments: