Saturday, April 23, 2011

best DI trip EVER

I've been slowly replacing a lot of my picture frames with ones I find from the DI, I like the ones with detail so that when you paint them, and glaze them, the detail stands out. I'm ALWAYS keeping my eyes peeled for a really big one so I can put a family picture in it. Well today was the day! I found the most awesomeness frame EVER. Price tag....$4.00. I'm amazing...amazingly lucky! I'm so excited I can't wait to paint it. However, I'm currently trying to pick out some new colors for my decor. I've been painting some things and they just aren't quite the right color. So, I'm starting over. Oh, and that fabric-y part of the frame, it will pop right out so I don't have to keep that part! 


Here is Kardyn's cute little owl that I finally painted. I love it. I was originally going to go more of a darker hot pink, but I figured if I ever painted her walls pink, it for sure wouldn't be this light pink, so I just stuck with that and I love it. So does she :) 

4 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

LOVE the frame and that owl - super cute!

whitney allison said...

I always look for ornate frames and NEVER find them!

Aaron & Carrie Warnick said...

Gorgeous! You have the greatest Ideas. Love the owl!

~Jordyn said...

You lucky duck! I go to the DI practically daily and I have never found decorations that beautiful. Congrats on those awesome finds.I love the DI! :)