Wednesday, February 16, 2011

new thing

So I thought I would just kind of do a post tonight with no pictures. Mostly because I had an exhausting day and I feel horrible about it because it was also Chase's birthday. Day started well around 8:30 everyone up and getting dressed. We had a play date this morning at 10 at our house. Picking up and dressing everyone for the morning went well. However, I don't recall feeding my kids breakfast this morning, however, this must be because no one asked for it. Hmmm...strange. Anyway, fun play date this morning with an awesome friend who I feel bad about not seeing as much because we actually live in the same state this time. While she is over, I'm also texting another friend to set up a quick visit with for tomorrow around 10 while Chase is at school. Amy and I feed the kids lunch and they sadly leave around 12:30ish. My mom has also called by this time wanting to Skype with Chase seeing as how it's his birthday and I put her off this morning because we had company. Next we jump on the computer to talk to Nana for a minute, and I really mean a minute because she couldn't figure out why she could see us but not hear us. Said she would call back later when my Dad gets home to fix the problem. So then, the kids are off to play for 30 minutes until nap time while I take a quick break...online. Children go down fairly easy at 1:30 and I settle down to watch a recorded show, my guilty pleasure :) Kardyn took an unexpectedly long nap and my 1 show turned into 2 and then I felt bad because I have a library book on loan due in 9 days with 250 something pages left to go and felt I should be reading that instead. Oh well. Chase wakes up before Kardyn, which never happens, and he plays quietly in his room for a bit. Right after he wakes up I receive a phone call from a mystery person's husband whom which I have been communicating through email with his wife for quite some time now. She's opening a store in SLC and wants me to consign some of my items. However I was not aware that they were going to want me to bring things in TOMORROW because they are trying to fill the store before it opens. I hope they have a lot more people because I don't keep most of the items I make. So I find 1 item around my house I can take in and make a horrible last minute decision to make something fast. This puts me in my craft room pretty much the rest of the day. I have just finished my item and hope she likes it. I don't know, we'll see. However, while trying to finish my project, I take a million phone calls, one being from Tim saying he's not going to be home until late but I know Chase wants to eat his "birthday pizza" with Dad, so I quick run downstairs to feed them a snack of pears, peaches and cottage cheese to hold them over until Dad gets home around 7 for dinner. 7 is a super late dinner for us BTW. So get that taken care of and then my Dad calls and wants to Skype with Chase, so we do that, again. Then being the mean mom that I am, shew my kids off so I can finish my project. Tim comes home at 7 and I take a break to eat since I'm starving and then Chase and Dad play Kinect for a bit. He got a new game for his birthday, so they have fun doing that. I wish I could play. I'm upstairs finishing my project. I hope this is worth it I feel like the worst mom ever today. Kardyn goes to bed late, 30 minutes past bedtime and Chase goes right on time, around 9. Tim and I decide to sit down for an hour before he goes to bed and watch a show. Then I'm off to finish my project, upstairs, once again. I think that I will NEVER attempt a project in one day ever again. I'm super stressed out over nothing, oh and not to mention it's Chase's spotlight in pre-school tomorrow for his birthday so I decide to show the poster I made LAST YEAR for his spotlight and make brownies from a BOX (so not me) and call it good. Can I go to bed yet?

3 comments:

Paige said...

That makes me tired just reading it! Hopefully today is more low-key for you. Make sure you blog about your project! I love all the fun things you do.

Tim said...

Man I love My Wife!!

Amy said...

ummm...someone is being a bit too hard on herself!