Monday, August 9, 2010

favorite project yet

I have been wanting to put something above my bed for a long time. I have found several versions of this that I really like, but can't afford. So I decided to make my own instead.
I bought some contact paper at Wal-Mart and cut some designs out with it using my Cricut. Then I arranged them on the canvas that I had found awhile back at the DI. Then, I used my favorite color for my bedroom and sprayed the whole thing.
Take off the contact paper, and this is what you get!
{I am in love with it}
here is the cost:
Contact paper @ wal-mart: $5.97
canvas from the DI: $2.00
spray paint: free (already had it)
for a grand total of $7.97!!
(I still wish we could paint, but being in a rental makes that a little bit harder)

8 comments:

Emily said...

Anja, That is AWESOME!!! I Love it. I think it is perfect in your room. It is simple, but so dramatic.
LOVE IT!!!

The Davidson's said...

so cute. I love it too. i am going to look into making something like it. but I dont have a cricket.....

Crissy said...

Super cute! I might just need to get a cricut one of these days. You can do so much with them.

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said...

How perfect is that!?! It absolutely belongs in your bedroom! It's a perfect mix of simple and elegant -- wonderful job!!

Terrell said...

This is so creative!! It's adorable! I love new friends at FrouFrouDecor! I'd also like to invite you to my link party/giveaway..every Friday! Hope to see you there!
XO's
~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

Angie said...

This is too cute! Great idea-love the green! Where on earth did you get that adorable bedding?

sheena said...

yay! a new follower.

thanks for checkin' my blog out.

cute idea! and bedspread too!

The Peterson Family said...

stop it right now! you miss are SO talented! you know that right? and the paper wreath? Genius! I'm hearing super-saturday over and over again in my head!