Monday, July 19, 2010

paper wreath

My friend Jamie and I have been working on this project, I'm so happy with the way it turned out, so cute! It's just an easy paper wreath. I know what your thinking, paper wreath? Really? Won't it get ruined? But it's summer, it doesn't rain much here, plus you can put this inside as well. We started with a cardboard circle that I cut out of some cardboard. I used a mixing bowl as my pattern. Then I found some cute scrap booking paper to use for my flowers.
Then I used my Cricut to cut a shape out, we used Accent Essentials. The blog where I saw this idea used a star shape from Plantin Schoolbook. Then you just fold these flowers in half, on each petal, so you have a point in the middle. Then fold the corners in, kinda like a tent if that makes sense.
Then start gluing! Glue as much as you can so that they stay down and stay 3-D too!
Here is my finished wreath...I love it because it matches the cute colors that I painted my flower pots earlier this summer :)
And this is Jamie's....Love them!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a great idea, and you could do it in any color for different times of the year. So cute.