Sunday, March 28, 2010

let there be light

Look at my fun project!! I found this lamp at the DI (I actually started sanding it and remembered I needed to take a picture of it first,oops!) I've been needing a lamp by my bed so I can read at night. I've been using Tim's iPhone because it has a stupid flashlight application and I have to awkwardly hold it using my chin to make it useful! It was marked for $5 but I asked if I could get it for $3 since it didn't have a shade. Sweet!
Then I painted it to this...now I know most of you are probably thinking that I didn't improve it at all, but for me, it matches my bedroom perfectly :)


I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I was a little timid about the shade I found at first because I was having a hard time even finding one in general, but after Tim put it on, I knew it was perfect!

8 comments:

Ashlee said...

This is super cute!! You are so creative :)

Savannah said...

SO cute! I love it! And I think I said this before, but it's still true now, I LOVE YOUR COMFORTER!!!!! :)

Bean said...

It looks great.. crafty lady! I wish we could do crafts together.

whitney allison said...

Love it...my friend always finds great stuff at DI and I never remember its an option...maybe I should make a trip today!

Mary said...

nice.

Tristen said...

I love it!! Did you use a primer or just sand it down and then repaint it? Need to learn how to do these things!

Amy said...

Turned out way cute....where did you end up finding the shade?

Emily said...

Well done. I think it looks great in the room.