Monday, February 22, 2010

Where does the time go?

I can not believe that Chase turned 4. My baby is growing up...
We've been talking about what kind of cake he wanted for weeks and he finally decided on Alex the Lion (from Madagascar) so Tim and I did our best! I think it turned out well, plus it was worth it to see the look on his face when it was done and to get the hug for making "the best cake ever!"

We love you Chase. He's so funny because we took him to Cold Stone for ice cream on his birthday and after I read all the flavors and all the toppings to him and he told me....I want Chocolate with Chocolate Chips! He also wanted a chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream. He also got a pair of binoculars from my parents, which he loves, and when Uncle Rich came over the other day Chase asked him if he wanted to see "his knockers" (binoculars of course!)

12 comments:

Crissy said...

His cake is amazing Anja!! You are amazing. I need to recruit your talents for Parker's birthday. I was laughing so hard when I read about the "knockers"...so cute!

Savannah said...

I am BEYOND impressed with that cake! I can't believe you made it! It is AMAZING!!!! What an awesome mom you are! Denali will be lucky if she HAS a cake, forget making it look so good!

Savannah said...

I am BEYOND impressed with that cake! I can't believe you made it! It is AMAZING!!!! What an awesome mom you are! Denali will be lucky if she HAS a cake, forget making it look so good!

Mary said...

Seriously fierce cake. Love it.

nicole said...

That cake is awesome! Happy Birthday to your little guy!

JulieN said...

Very impressive cake. You have a definate talent!! Love the rock band pics also.

Lidia Jones said...

Wow I can't believe he's 4, what a big boy! Tell him we 3 say Happy Birthday, hope he remembers us..

You guys are too awesome for making that cake! Wish you were here so you can help me with a cake for Liam this spring... Want to come visit say May 28th?!? ;)

Miss you all tons and tons!

Shana said...

You seriously made that cake Anja!?? That is awesome!!! Way to go!!! :) HAppy Birthday Chase! I wanna see your knockers! haha!! Too funny. And great job on the little balls for Kardyns room!! I love them! They look great!! :)

Bean said...

I love the cake you guys made!! i wish you were here so I could have you make Lexie's birthday cake.

Sue Q said...

Holy Bananas. That IS the most ingenious cake! You guys should start a Fabulous Cakery and make millions!

Happy Day, Chase. I can't help thinking that he'd be in Primary Class if you guys were still here! Miss you!

Candace said...

AMAZING cake...it turned out better than well! I can't believe that Maddy just turned 5! How do we have kids this old?

Michelley said...

That seriously looks professionally. Okay, can you seriously give me a brief tutorial in how you made that. My boy would die for that cake! Did you use fondant for the frosting? Did you have a special pan or did you just make it all on your own? Seriously incredible!