Wednesday, February 3, 2010

delish

This is what I made for dinner last night and it was yummy! It's so easy and pretty inexpensive as well. I found the recipe on epicurious.com. I have been loving pesto recently and needed to use what I had left. So I did a search and found these sandwiches. I bought Ciabatta rolls at Costco (like 8 of them for $4.50 or something like that) deli sliced turkey at my local grocery store, red peppers which I roasted with a little bit of salt, pepper and olive oil, pesto on the bread and fontina cheese(which was pretty inexpensive as well at my local grocery store). Then place it open faced, under my broiler in the oven for a few minutes, and there you have it!

3 comments:

Glenn said...

It looks and sounds very yummy!

Emily said...

I have totally been on a pesto kick lately. I have the same sandwich, except with chicken and fresh mozzarella cheese. So yummy. Then the other thing I have tried which is SO good if you like seafood-salmon burgers with pesto, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese and lettuce. Super delicious. Pesto makes sandwiches, and just about everything so much better.

Sue Q said...

Pesto is our chocolate sauce -- we put it on everything! Pasta, pizza, rice, baked potatoes... there is no end to the possibilities!