Wednesday, October 7, 2009

our new place

We are so excited to be in our own place again, it's nice to have our own space back. We've been so grateful for our family who has been letting us live at their place for the past 6 months, but it's time to move on! We're also happy to have a much bigger place than our tiny little house in Oregon. We've got 5 bedrooms and so much closet space, I actually don't know where to put all my stuff! So these pictures were taken last week, I'm still working on things, I haven't hung any curtains in the downstairs living space yet and things like that, but at least you can get the idea!


I've made the decision to put our kids in separate rooms, and they are adjusting well. This is Kardyn's room. I'm really having a hard time with not being able to paint the walls. I REALLY dislike white and boring colors, that's one reason why I've starting to hang things up quickly. I have some plans for things to go on the walls in the kids rooms so they are a little more interesting, but I'll share that once it gets done.
This is as you walk into the house...sorry they are kind of out of order and I don't want to take the time to fix them right now! To the right is a hallway with a 2nd bathroom, Kardyn's room, a closet and the Master bedroom. To the left there are two more closets and the garage.
This is Chase's room upstairs. We gave him the biggest room so that he can have lots of room to play in here instead of having a toy room. It's been pretty nice, and when kids come over, they just trash this room instead of a toy room and his bedroom.


As you walk up the stairs..this is a 3rd bathroom and Chase's room and a nice big closet upstairs.

This will eventually be the office/craft room. I decided I would scrapbook more if I was able to keep my stuff out all the time, hopefully I can finish more projects this way.
This is just part of the upstairs. It's nice because we have some room up here. I've put the kids' bookshelf in that little nook and that's working well for them, they've been good at keeping the books and puzzles in that area.
This is the guest room upstairs.
More space up in the hallway, I put our big over-stuffed chair up there in hopes of a reading area for me while the kids play or something. I think I need to hang some photos and maybe put a rug over there or something.

Well that's it, we hope to be in this place for a few years, and so far it's working out nice for our family!

5 comments:

nic and allison said...

What a nice place!

Sue Q said...

I feel a painting party coming on -- I just can't imagine you in a stark white house! And I can't wait to see what you're going to do with it all...it's like a giant, 5-Bedroom canvas, just waiting for you to go to town! Congratulations!

Mary said...

Why can't you paint?

JulieN said...

I am sooo jealous of all that space!! But I do agree...white walls...boring. Congratulations!!!

families are forever said...

plenty of room for stretching out and throwing parties, have fun! Danette