Monday, June 15, 2009

bits and pieces

I just know this picture is going to be around a long time! We went to SLC to see our friends Tim and Amy this weekend. We had dinner and afterwards the boys kept saying they wanted bunny treats. Until they pointed them out to us, we couldn't figure out what they heck they wanted. They pointed to a yellow box on top of the fridge of dog treats, shaped like animals. So, they got one! Chase said "I LOVE IT!" I don't think he really knew what it was, but boy he and Jack loved them!
We put Kardyn in her new car seat this weekend, she'll be one on Friday. I don't know how these kids can stay in those infant seats this long anyway, they are so big in them once they get to be this old! Anyway, we had a long day into SLC this Saturday. There was a huge wreck on
 I-80 and they had it closed both directions. Well, we left our house at about 12:30pm to go into Park City to do some shopping before we met up with Tim and Amy. We get to about Stansbury (about 10 miles away from I-80) and policemen were turning us around. So we decided to try the canyon road that can take us into town, it's just not paved the whole way. Apparently lots of people thought they could do the same thing. Well, we got about 6 miles up and people were turning around telling us that someone had gotten their trailor stuck and we couldn't get through. So we turn around again. By this time it's like 2pm. Now I have to go to the bathroom and seeing as how we were still in Tooele, we go back home. Of course my kids wake up so they've slept for 2 hours while we were still in Tooele. Now the only way that's left out of Tooele is through Lehi, which takes longer. So we start again and take a detour around some more traffic and finally make it into SLC after 4pm. What a crazy day. Turns out that the didn't even open the freeways until about 9 or 10. Luckily we headed back home after that time and had no problems getting through. 
I also had some fun with some old friends of mine this week. I've known Candace and Susie forever, OK well, I met them when I lived in Pennsylvania, which I moved away from there after my freshman year of high school. So it's been a while since I've seen these girls! We took lunch to the park and let our kids play for awhile. We had fun and it was nice to see them! And yes I know I look like an idiot because I'm taking the picture, get over it!
This week we also went to the Zoo. Just a quick trip in after Tim and Jason got home from work. It was a great day because it had rained a lot, but not while we were there. It was pretty cool outside and that meant that a lot of the animals were out as well. I love the Zoo so I can use my kids as an excuse to go now! They had fun. This is a quick shot of them on the new carousel there. I'll spare you the pictures of the animals.





5 comments:

JulieN said...

I can't believe that Kardyn is already one! We miss you guys in our ward. We walk our dogs by your old house and it makes me sad. Glad to hear that you all are doing well in Utah!!!

Beckie said...

So jealous and wish I could have seen you, Susie and Candace. It would have been so fun! Glad you guys had a great time though.

Aubrey and Jardan said...

That's HILARIOUS about the dog treats! What a long day trying to get to SLC, I would've been SO frustrated! Sounds like you had fun, though!

Sue Q said...

One?? ONE???!!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??!!!! That went by way too fast!! Before any of us can say "Super Malibu Barbie Playhouse" she'll be painting her nails and planning a wedding...

Candace said...

you do not look like an idiot...I look like a dork on the other hand...thanks for coming to see me...i really did have a good time!!! miss you!