Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another 1st birthday

I just don't know where the time goes. I think first birthdays are my favorite! They are so stinkin cute, and I LOVE the cake part! 


I attempted to make a bumble bee cake this year for her 1st birthday. Not that she really knows, but it was fun anyway.


I should have made different frosting for the green to actually ICE the cake, but I was lazy and didn't want to, so I'm not to happy with that part of the cake. Kardyn seemed to really like it though.
Of course I wasn't going to let her dive into that one, so she had her own little one, chocolate of course, makes for a better mess!




Yes it ended up all over her hair, she loves to play with her hair, this is why she no longer keeps headbands in much longer than 5 minutes. Hopefully that will change soon.

I think she had a great party! She's walking around now, but only with assistance. She can say Momma and Dadda and Puppy Dog. We are so happy to have Kardyn as part of our family, we love her so much! Happy Birthday baby girl!

10 comments:

Bean said...

I love the cake! Your so talented. Happy Birthday Kardyn!

Aubrey and Jardan said...

I wish I had been there! She's so beautiful, it looks like she had a lot of fun! And the cake was amazing--you are talented!

Paige said...

Wow, I can't believe she is already one! Love the cake!

Sue Q said...

That cake is DARLING! And Kardyn is beyond adorable -- I agree, first birthdays are the best. I'm not looking forward to someone's 16th in a few months! I don't feel that old yet!

whitney allison said...

Cute pictures! I love her little outfit with those cute birds on it.

Mary said...

i love the cake and i love cake eatting babies.

Whitaker Family said...

That is an awesome cake! I love the texture of the bee. Kardyn is just adorable.

Beckie said...

That cake is simply amazing!!! I am so jealous of your talent. Kardyn is absolutely adorable at one. Looks like Lagoon was fun, too.

Kristy said...

I can't believe she is already1! Where does the time go??
Wow, AWESOME cake!!! You go girl!!

Brittany said...

So ridiculously cute! I love how you let Kardyn just dig right into her cake! And wow...the bumblebee cake? So impressive!