Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's true

If you didn't already know, we are moving! Tim was able to get a job out in Utah at the Tooele Army Depot. It has nothing to do with design work, but they will pay for him to go back to school and get his Masters in whatever he wants, so we can get back into design later. Since it's a Government job, we'll have great health benefits and paying for school is worth it in itself! Both of Tim's sisters live in Tooele and his parents live down by Manti so we will be able to see family a lot more. My family will also be much closer, and we can't wait to see all our friends in SLC again! On the other hand, we are very sad to leave this place we have called home for the last almost five years. We've been able to explore the Oregon coast, visit Portland and cities in between. We love the scenery here, and the weather will be hard to give up! All four seasons! That doesn't happen often in many other places. We will miss our family up in Grants Pass, it's been so fun living by them and getting to know them better. Our ward has been such a strength for us, we've been able to grow so much spiritually while we've been here. As much as Tim sometimes hated his calling (Elders Quarm Pres.) he had a hard time when he was released last Sunday. It was nice to have Daddy at home after church though! We both have had some great callings in this ward, and we'll miss our friends dearly. We've made lasting friendships and we already can't wait to come back and visit! Oh, which brings me to...we are leaving in a week and a half! Yeah, I'm not having so much fun trying to pack my house! Who knew we had so much stuff! Anyway, our Brother-in-law will be on his way up next Friday with a big trailer and truck to help us move out there. We are excited to start over in a new place, but we will always call this place home. Grandma came by this morning so we took some pictures of her with the kids. These are in order.




19 comments:

Sue Q said...

WE WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!! But I am truly grateful that Tim was able to get work and that you will be near your family. So as you transplant your family, just remember you've left a little graft here in Medford Third Ward!

Bean said...

I'm glad that you are moving closer to some of your family and friends. It's always fun to move and have new experiences but our family will miss you guys so much! Thanks for your friendship and being my friend when I really needed one. We love you guys!

Luke and Katie said...

YAY!! That is so great that he has a job! I will tell you, working for the gov't has some AMAZING benefits (we aren't paying more than $175 for this baby..nada), you don't get paid tons, but it has been such a blessing to us! Good luck and I am excited that you are going to be so close to family! WONDERFUL!

Beckie said...

Congrats on the job! Hope you like your new house and area.

Paige said...

Good luck with your move! Welcome back to Utah! What a blessing that he got a job with great benefits!

Amy said...

You know I've been waiting for this for 5 1/2 years now.

Tana said...

I am sad that you have to move also. I wish we could see each other everymorning but sadly, you are moving on. Can't wait to see what new adventures await your beautiful family. You are not allowed to stop blogging!

Candace said...

yay for changes and adventures in a new place...boo for having to pack. i always love the changes that moving brings...meeting new people, being in a new area, new callings, new place to live, i like to change it up a bit...but the packing...ugh. Sorry girl. I'm so glad to hear that Tim got a new job and that you have such great benefits. Awesome. Heavenly Father loves you and is watching out for you. hugs and loves.. :)

Mary said...

so has your house sold yet? you seem to be in good spirits about it all. travis's brother lives in tooele. also...did you ever know and Afton in Medford?

One Girl and Three Crazy Boys! said...

good luck in your move and the new job.its a bummer to have to move but i'm sure all will work out for your family. we are actually going out to tooelle this weekend to see my mom (well stansbury park) it is actually a really nice place. hopefully on our next visit out we can see you guys.

Crissy said...

So this post totally made me start to cry. It is all becoming SO real. We will miss you guys more than you even know. You were our first friends in Medford and Chase is Parkers BF. He won't even know what to do when he can't "go to Chase's house to play with his cars".

Aside from our sadness, we are very happy that Tim found a job and that it has such great perks. I guess you may be having a baby sooner than you thought eh? ;0)

Can't wait to see you in a couple days!

whitney allison said...

I'm really glad that Tim found a job, sorry you have to pack up and move so fast though! We'll have to hang out sometime, I mean, Draper and Toole aren't very close but we could meet up for lunch sometime maybe.

Matt, Michelle, Danica and Morgan said...

Man! everyone is moving to Utah! You, Marianne... I think we need to move there too. I'll have to look for a transfer to Tooele or Salt Lake. There's a ton of government jobs that I could get a transfer to.
I'm glad you guys got the stability of a government job. I'm really happy for you. ;)

Dave and Mandy said...

How bittersweet! We are so happy for Tim's work but sad that you are leaving Medford. Good think we visit SLC too and we can see each other there. Best wishes on the move!

Becca B said...

Hey If you drive through boise please please please stop by! you guys could stay a night here if you need to. i will feed you, make you breakfast in bed-whatever! I haven't seen you for like...5 years!! let me know, it would be so fun to see you. good luck with packing!

Aaron & Carrie Warnick said...

wow I talked to bean last week and I couldn't believe it and now that I see you blog and what you wrote I can't believe it. I am so sad for you cause I totally know what you mean. It is so hard to leave a place that you love. Especially when Its somewhere you have roots. BUT I AM SO EXCITED!!! I hopefully will get to see you and maybe we can get together when you guys get a chance. That is awesome that he gets all his school payed for too. I know it will be hard and it will be hard for awhile. We will get together. If you need anything at all just let me know. My number is still the same. Call me> Love you guys!

Watts Family said...

Back to Utah!! Congrats on the new job. And moving is always such a bitter sweet.

Emy said...

I am so glad he has a job with great benefits. Awesome! Congratulations. Did your house sell yet? I hope the move goes well my dear friend!

dj said...

WE MISS YOU TERRIBLY!!!! but are grateful that you have found work, and that you made it safely to UT. Hope you are getting settled. Take care of yourselves!
Love, DJ, Carrie, Jack, and Sammy