Monday, February 9, 2009

It's a sad day for me....

Ok, so my sad day was really last Friday when we had a "For Sale" sign put up in front of our house. I was so not ready for that! First update is....Tim does not have a job yet, but we feel that we need to get things moving with our house. Being hired back into his old job is probably not a possibility anytime soon. That being said, there is no place here for Tim to work in design. Whether or not he decides to do design for the next few years, is still being decided. We have some options, but are unsure yet. His field is over saturated because so many companies get rid of marketing when things go south, which means hundreds of designers are applying for the same jobs that Tim is applying for. We'll keep you posted with job info when we find out more. Anyway, I've decided to share some pictures of our home. It's going to be very hard for me to leave, I'm already emotional about it. Tim and I bought this house before our kids were born. We worked on it together and accomplished something as a team. After that, we brought Chase home to this place and after that, our sweet baby girl. In between, we've had the opportunity to make lasting friendships. I can't even begin to start thanking everyone for the things that they have done for me and my family through the 4 years that we've lived here. We will truly miss this place. We have things we never did finish that we wanted to, but never got the chance, I'll mention some as I go. First is the outside of my house, which is why I'm not showing the picture. I REALLY wanted to paint it, I think I actually HATE the outside color of my house. Some tell me it's not so bad, at least it's not mint green like the one down the road! Anyway, here is my entry way, with this nasty door, and lovely flooring and carpet that had been in this house since it was built in 1981.
This is after....my front door is my favorite! We never got around to replacing all the inside doors and hardware, but I'll show a picture of the only one we did later. Oh, and the walls are bare, we took down everything that had faces in it.
This is the hallway before
And after...yes, I know my house is small!
Here is the living room before....these pictures were taken when we were walking through the house before the old owners moved out...so this is NOT my furniture.

Oh, added bonus, when we moved in, she left us those "custom" pink drapes, YES!
They were seriously the first thing I took down!

Dining room and kitchen before


Kitchen after, we added some more cabinets for more storage. The pantry was a must in a kitchen so small, that was the best thing we did in there!




This is our guest/office before
And after
The kids nursery before
And after...oh by the way, we replaced 50% of the windows in the house, and put a new roof on.


Master bedroom before, yes, it was painted baby blue, ceiling and all!


This is the interior door, this is how we wanted them all to end up, but didn't get the chance.
Master bath before....yes, this is the smallest bathroom ever, I KNOW

After
Main bathroom before
And after. We didn't do much in here, paint and floor. We thought it better not to spend more money on the cabinets when we are loosing money now on this house.
Well, that's that. I'm sad, I love my house. Good news is, it's only been on the market for 4 days and we have one offer, plus 2 in the works. Too bad it's not making us any money! Oh well, you live and you learn! I'm actually feeling a burden being lifted as we speak, one of the things that has been hard for us, is feeling "stuck" in this house while Tim has no job. I can't even begin to tell you how blessed our family has been through these last few months, it has truly strengthened us as a family and individually. Hopefully things will continue go well, we'll keep you all posted!

16 comments:

Mary said...

I'm sorry this must be really hard. Its especially hard to let go of something you put so much work into.

families are forever said...

Your family is in my prayers. Your house looks great. It is always hard to leave places were which wonderful memories have been created. In Sunday School last week it was mentioned that Joseph Smith was located in the place were he need to be to obtain the plates etc, yet this was only after relocating there because his family had lost their farm and had to move. Interesting. love ya Danette

Luke and Katie said...

What a bittersweet time for you! I am VERY impressed that you have offers already, that is fantastic! Hope that things work out for you guys! Good luck!

Beckie said...

I am so so so sorry. We recently traded in the car we had so many firsts in and I am struggling. I can't imagine having to sell our home. I hope it gets easier.

Linda A. said...

I am BEYOND sad! I'm not ready for you to leave!!! On the happy side....you guys have done sucha great job on your house. I can't believe how it looked before! In this market it is really saying something that you already have offers. We are praying for you guys!

Sue Q said...

Anja, Anja....this makes me sad, too, but I can't help but feeling that there are good things in store for you and Tim! Utah may not be your favorite place to go, but believe me, when times are hard, it's good to have your family close by. I hope and pray that you guys can get back on your feet again soon!

Tana said...

I'm sorry. I hope everything works out for the best. Selling stinks but usually you come out on top eventually. Good luck.

nicole said...

Wow you guys really made a beautiful home. I'm sure its hard to let it go but I'm sure with all that experience under your belt your next will be even better. Best of luck with everything...hey did you have Tim check for jobs in Corvallis?

lish and toby said...

Oh no! I didn't know you are moving! I am quite sad to hear this..I hope everything is going as good as it can be for you guys. That is fun that you took before and after pictures of your CUTE house! I love the decorating, I want to see it!

Aaron & Carrie Warnick said...

Oh anja. I had no idea that he couldn't find a job still. I am so sorry. I know how how it is to leave your house. Especially your first. I am still emotional about leaving my home... Leaving oregon. I miss everything so much. And everyone. Living there helped me to grow in ways that I didn't seem possible. I am sorry your selling your house. I am glad that you already have offers comming in. My only question is what does timothy want to do? I know that you guys are so strong and both such hard workers and your faith I can't even hold a pinky to that. I am praying for you always and I want you guys to know how much I miss and love you. You guys have always been such great friends to aaron and I. I love you guys. I hope to see you soon! love ya....Carrie

Paige said...

Sounds like you guys made many wonderful memories there. You did an absolutely beautiful job on the house (maybe you should look into flipping homes!). I hope figuring out your next step will come easily. Do you know where you are headed?

Watts Family said...

HOLY COW!! You guys have done such a beautiful job on your house.
I know about change being in the air force and moving every 3 years and all. Lets just say IT SUCKS. But it is so fun to look back on all the wonderful memories and friends that we made. I believe it makes you stronger in some ways too. Just think, if you didn't work at Dr. Plus you wouldn't have met me and that would be a shame.
Love your guts girl.

Spindle said...

This makes me miss you guys even more!

Spindle said...

This makes me miss you guys even more!

Crissy said...

okay...i'm in tears as i write this. we are gonna miss you guys more than words can say. you were our first friends here and it happened instantly. chase was parker's first real friend (outside of cousins) and he will miss him terribly. i know you're not gone yet, but reading this post seems to make is all the more real. we are happy for you though, to be moving on in your life and we are so thankful that this burden can be lifted. you have such an amazing family and such strong testimonies. we love you!

Michelley said...

Sorry - I am way behind in "blogging." Love the improvements you made on your house - it's gorgeous. Any new developments with the job? I know that is SO STRESSFUL! Hope you guys are doing well!