Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"A Birthday? For Me?"

Last Friday Tim told me we were going to the airport to pick up a friend that has been moving back and forth and just needed some help. So we go to get him, and instead, I see my Mom! They had kept it a secret from Chase and I that Nana was coming! The kids had lots of fun, as you can see.
I just had to slip in a sleeping baby picture!
I have a friend who decorates cakes, so I asked her if she would help me out. We picked this one out, and she let me use her cake pans and icing tips. She also gave me her recipe for the cake and the icing. It turned out soooo cool, I love it! Oh, and Chase loved it too! 
He didn't get to see his cake until we were at his party, he just kept talking about his spider cake. in fact, he sill does...all day!
Here is Tyler and Kardyn, they are so cute!

Chase loved his cake so much, that he still sat at the table and kept eating while all his friends were playing!
We just had a small party for him, just so he could play with his friends. He doesn't get to see them as often anymore because I work during the day most of the time. 




So Chase had a fun day, he loved playing with his friends and I can't believe he's 3 years old! He's turned into a chatterbox and he's developing quite the funny little personality. He loves to tell knock knock jokes, and always has a funny, random comment! I can't wait to see what he'll be like in the next 3 years!

5 comments:

Mary said...

I love the cake, very cool.

Watts Family said...

What a cute little guy. Boys are just so fun. I'm glad that your mom got to come you too.

Michelley said...

Looks like so much fun! Love the cake!

Candace said...

i love the cake. you are so talented. my mom always made our cakes for us and went all out...how fun. miss you.

Adam and Jess said...

That cake is awesome!! So creative! My mom was telling me about so I had to check it out!