Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Life of a Sugar Cookie

For whatever reason I have never been much of a sugar cookie person, baking them I mean. Maybe because I've never found "the recipe" or maybe I'm just not good at these! I don't know. However, I decided to be adventurous and try again! I found a recipe in my collection and called Crissy for her frosting, she makes yummy frosting! I also decided that I don't let Chase cook with me enough. For those of you who know my son, it's probably a good thing, however, I thought it might be fun! So, he helped me make the dough and cut the cookies out, which he liked a lot. 


He still made a mess, but that's what little boys do best!

Chase wanted green frosting, so green it became! Mind you it's Sunday night, so we didn't have fun candies to make them all fancy like, but I found some sugar sprinkles in my cupboard, so those did the trick!
Yummy!

6 comments:

Mary said...

So are you a sugar cookie convert?

Aubrey and Jardan said...

Cute! I have an excellent and very easy non-refrigerated sugar cookie recipe from Jardan's mom, if you'd like it. I don't like any sugar cookies but these! I'd like to get frosting recipe you used, though, because I can never find a good one!

The Rives said...

It looks yummy to me! I think you two did a great job.

whitney allison said...

I love to make sugar cookies too because they're fun to decorate but they really don't taste nearly as good as other cookies.

Bean said...

Thanks for inviting us to your New Years Eve party! I'm sorry to say that we will not make it. We want to spend the New Year with our kids, so we are going to have a little kid friendly party at my house.

Beckie said...

I love making sugar cookies but just haven't gotten around to it this year. I still have a few days right?