Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The worst day....

Ok, so it wasn't the worst day ever, but I don't think it could have gotten much worse. Yesterday Tim was laid off from his job. We kind of saw it coming, they had already let 3 people go last month, but I still don't think it was something I could prepare much for. We had already talked about what we would do in this situation, so I felt a little bit more comfortable with that, but I still had a hard time yesterday when he called to tell me the news. I think I probably cried for like 2 hours. I'm so blessed to have good friends and an awesome ward family. Crissy watched the kids for us this morning so we could go to the Temple. What a great way to start this crazy day! We have had so much to do today and I've been at peace with myself and feeling good today about what we've got going on. I've found out so much information about things I didn't know I could do in this situation and I know we'll be OK. I think one of the hardest things for me was knowing that I have a mortgage payment and I don't want to loose my house. Especially since we've put so much work into this thing and now is so not the time to sell. After figuring out unemployement and trying to factor in that I'm going to be going back to work, I know for sure we'll be able to keep our house! I'm also having a hard time dealing with the fact that we may have to move. I'm so not ready to leave here, we've finally set down roots and this has been home for us for almost 4 years now. Although a plus would be that we might be able to be closer to our family and since my Dad has been sick, we've wanted to be closer for a long time. At least anywhere closer to my family is also closer to Tim's too, and that's going to be good. But who knows, we may end up super far away or still stay in town. It's still up in the air! So I just wanted to get things off my chest and venting always helps me feel better. I just feel so blessed for the things that have prepared me for this situation already and I know this trial will only make us stronger. I'm so thankful for my wonderful friends, I just want them all to know how much I appreciate everything they do for me and especially my family. You all mean more to me than you know and I love you lots!!

14 comments:

Bean said...

If you ever need anything please call me. We love you guys!!

Luke and Katie said...

So sorry to hear this, BUT it seems like you have the right perspective! I hope everything works out and keep us posted! Good luck!

families are forever said...

Sorry that you have to go through this difficult time, It is always hard when there are so many unknowns and choices. Know that I am praying for you. Love Danette

Tristen said...

We love you, it sounds like you guys are going to pull through this tough time! Not to be so completely cheesy... okay, I will... but isn't there a song from our High School years that says "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." I always think about this when I'm going through a devastating loss or change. So anyways, we love you, and look forward to watching everything work out PERFECTLY for you guys! Luckily it's not you and Tim in the driver's seat... it's the Lord!!

Paige and Dan said...

It sounds like you guys are handling the situation well. It's amazing how things can change so quickly. I'm so sorry. Good luck, I know you'll be blessed.

Candace said...

Anja!!! How scary. We are thinking and praying for you. All will work out! Love ya!!

Whitaker Family said...

Anja, I am so sorry. I will be praying for you and your family.

Mary said...

I don't even know what Tim did, but this sucks and I'm sorry. Also what is wrong with your Dad?

whitney allison said...

I'm so sorry Anja, losing a job is so tough. I hope he'll find a new one quickly. What are you going to be doing?

Crissy said...

Thanks Anja. We love you too and pray for you guys to be able to find the right thing and for us to all be able to accept it (if it involves you moving away). I had fun with your kids yesterday. Kardyn is such a good baby, just smiles the whole time. Chase and Parker love to play together and get into mischief, but hey..that's what boys do best right?!

Hope Kardyn's doctor appointment went well today. I can't wait to hear her growth! Maybe we'll see you tonight?

Matt, Michelle, Danica and Baby said...

Hey Anja-
I can certainly sympathize. I've been on unemployment since July. What kind of work will you be doing when you go back to work? I know it will all work out just fine for you guys. You have a lot of support from family and friends.
We love you and we're praying for you two to find new jobs quickly!

nicole said...

Anja, I'm so sorry to hear this. These are such tough times. I'm sorry to hear your dad is sick too-but I know things will work out for you guys you have a good attitude and sound like you are actually taking a really level headed approach. I actually got on here to tell you that my husband recently interviewed at the hospital(s) in Medford. He says it seems like a wonderful place to raise a family -so I'm sure it will be hard to leave-but by contrast- his interviewing process has helped us realize that there are a LOT of wonderful places to raise a family.

Beckie said...

I am so sorry to hear about Tim's job. That is so rough. I hope that something lands in your lap really soon.

Emy said...

Hey you guys what a bummer. I'm so glad you were able to go to the temple. Isn't it a wonderful place to gain strength? Good luck with all the big decisions.