Saturday, October 25, 2008

As if....

As if things couldn't get any worse around here, actually, I shouldn't say that because I know they could, BUT....this afternoon I went out to my garage to get some thing out of the freezer for dinner and noticed water all over the garage. It took me awhile to figure out where it was coming from and after moving lots of stuff, decided it was the water heater. Just what we need. Fortunately, we have insurance on it and I just have to pay a service fee for someone to come and figure out what's wrong with it. I'll let you know what happens later, someone is supposed to come within 24 hours.

UPDATE: I now have a brand new water heater, cost, $55. I'm sooo glad I have insurance!!

7 comments:

Crissy said...

This is not so hilarious. Hope all turns out well.

Bean said...

Haven't you wanted to replace that for a long time now? $55 is cheap for a water heater. Looks like you guys were blessed.

Mary said...

Glad it ended so well when it could have gone wrong. I know how everything becomes a stress when your spouse doesn't have a job. Happened last year to us. Hence big move to PA.

families are forever said...

Thanks for the reminder, ours is 13years old and giving us problems, I better get it fixed before I have a mess and an urgent need. I am glad ours is now fixed!

Becky and Kevin said...

I assumed the worst and thought your freezer had defrosted!! So glad it was just the water heater and it was cheap!

Bean said...

You have been tagged. Go check out my blog!

Beckie said...

I am so glad it turned out ok. And a brand new water heater means one less thing to worry about!