Monday, September 22, 2008

Crazy Night of Canning

Last Thursday night Crissy and I worked on canning pears. The hard thing is, we need to do it when all our kids aren't around. So we decided to work on it after they went to bed. She came over around 9pm.


I think we are starting to get tired at this point, no wait, I mean GIDDY. You know like when you were a kid at a sleep over and once it gets past a certain time in the morning, your like super happy, yeah, that was us.
Here was the last batch, notice the time on the stove. I only slept for 45 minutes that night, but hey, I guess the blessings outweigh the lack of sleep!

P.S.- I still have more pears to do and I have to finish my peaches!

6 comments:

Michelley said...

I'm so impressed! Way to go!

whitney allison said...

You're crazy! The only thing I start after 9 pm is washing my face and brushing my teeth. You should be proud.

Tristen said...

Anja!! That is so amazing!! I can't BELIEVE the time on your stove, you guys are hard core!! Just in time for the babies to wake up to a sleepy mommy! How fun, and I'm sure you will enjoy those pears all the more!!

Bean said...

That is cool that you were able to get a lot of that done. I know what it's like to have no sleep and it's not fun.

Aubrey and Jardan said...

You're amazing!!!

Mary said...

Let me give you life's priority in order as I see them. Sleep, sleep, sleep, eat, play. Yeah canning doesn't make it on my list. But I am impressed and jealous, and you look great in the top picture.