Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Big boy...or not?

Up until today, Chase has had no REAL desire to go on the potty. Even though I ask him every single day when I change his diaper if he wants to go on the potty and that he gets ice cream and I won't have to change his diapers anymore. He has sat on it before, and hasn't been scared or anything, just no interest yet. Then out of nowhere today he asked if he could sit on the potty. Alright, took him in, he took of his shorts and diaper. Nothing. 10 minutes after he got off, he asked again. I thought yeah right, so I put him on and left to check on Kardyn. I came back and he'd peed! I was ecstatic! I think I was more excited than he was! So, he got his ice cream (which was the 1st incentive, I planned on getting something else if he ever really went) and he probably went at least 6 times today! So tonight we went and picked out his "Handy Manny" underwear, which is adorable and why I had to take a picture. So every time he goes, he gets a little plastic spider or a little green army guy. So we'll see if he keeps it up!

big boy...or not? I got out some of Chase's old baby toys, and he seems to enjoy them more than she does

11 comments:

Brandon and Katie said...

yipee! Good luck with that, I hope he keeps it up!! I'll probably end up with both my kiddos tryin it out at the same time- that will be crazy!

Tristen said...

My gosh, those Handy Mannies are so stinkin' adorable!!!! His little bum in underwear, that is amazing, and with a new baby, you are probably even more amazing! How are you holding up??

Emy said...

Anja! My friends are canning pears, I am thinking of you for some reason. Kardyn keeps getting cuter and cuter. I love her blessing dress with the little red bow. AND you look great. AND you are doing a good job with your 2 kiddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke and Katie said...

Yay!! That is fantastic! I can't wait until Spencer is at that point..sometime soon, sometime soon...hopefully! :)

whitney allison said...

How exciting! I hope he keeps it up for you, I'm sure changing two kids diapers is no fun.

sue q said...

WHOOP, WHOOP! Let's hear it for Chase! And here's a big hand for you, too, Anja -- I'm sure the potty training isn't over yet, but it sounds like boys are easier than girls.

(Oh, and here's a laugh -- Sophie just came in and asked why Chase's "panties" look different than hers! When she first started potty training, she wanted everyone to see that she was a Big Girl now, and consequently raised her skirts every chance she got. I think it helped her validate her seniority in the nursery. But she was really excited to hear about Chase, so don't be suprised if she asks to see his underwear come Sunday!)

Bean said...

What a big boy! Anja, come visit my blog and leave a memory.

Beckie said...

Congrats on the potty training. It was a great day when Issy enjoyed using the potty.

Aaron & Carrie Warnick said...

oh that is awesome girl! I am so happy for him. way to go chasers! That is nice that he asked on his own. How wonderful. Yeah!

Matt, Michelle, Danica and Baby said...

That's so awesome, Anja! Isn't it just funny how they just decide one day that they don't want to be babies anymore? :) I'm lucky if I can get Danica to go once a day. I know we're jumping the gun a little with potty training, but I don't want to have 2 in diapers for too long. :)

Mom and Dad E said...

Yah!! Let Chase know how proud of him we are. That is so exciting that he is letting you know on his own. Good luck. Love you!!