Friday, August 8, 2008

You say it's your Birthday

Tim and I took the kids to Olive Garden on my birthday, which was Wednesday and that was fun. We haven't taken them both out to dinner yet and that was interesting. Chase was actually pretty good, luckily he had lots of bread sticks to keep him happy until his real food came out! Then last night I went out with a few of my girlfriends for dessert. I really wanted to try something new other than the same old stuff we have here in Medford, but it's pretty hard to find something good! Our town is growing but we still mainly have the chain restaurants that I'm sick of like Red Robin and Applebee's. So, we had heard about this new place called 38 on Central and decided to go there. (this picture is from their website!)
It was a really fun place! The kitchen is up here, above the "38" in kind of a loft area. And our menus came on silver clip boards and were just printed on paper, which we thought was a great way for them to save money but they looked cool at the same time. It was a fun atmosphere.
Tamara and I decided to get the S'mores for dessert. It was so fun! They brought out a little burner so we could roast our own marshmallows! And the graham crackers were homemade yumminess! It's funny because we were going to go to this Gelato place in Jacksonville, but it closes super early, and when we got our menu's here, half the desserts came with gelato from this place we were going to go to in the first place. It was kinda fun!

Sorry Carrie that your eyes are closed, my camera is broken and won't show me the picture after I take it! Gosh how did we ever get good shots with film!?



Thanks for coming out with me girls, and thank all your husbands for watching all the kids while we went out! I had lots of fun being with you guys for my birthday!

5 comments:

Paige and Dan said...

Happy late birthday!! Sounds like you had a great couple days.

Bean said...

Thanks for inviting me, I had fun!
I missed you so much and I hope you had a great birthday!

Aaron & Carrie Warnick said...

Oh it was so fun. I am so glad that I got to come and hang out with you for your birthday. It sounds like you really had a fun day. We will have to get together again soon!

Crissy said...

This was tons of fun! Thanks for thinking of me to come along. I loved the smores the best! We'll have to have a rain check on Mama Mia Gellataria.

D n T said...

Well what a delight to read of our restaurant here!
A most Happy Birthday!
Glad you picked us to celebrate with, look forward to your next visit... We'll See You Soon!
David
38 Central
"The Fine Art of Casual Dining"
ps:
Happy 2009!