Tuesday, August 5, 2008

bugs and such

A friend of ours had bought a ladybug garden for his son and I guess he had way too many ladybugs. So he gave the rest to us for our garden! Chase was a little scared of the bugs but he thought they were pretty cool.

One of the best parts of living in Oregon is all the fresh produce that we have. If you don't already know, blackberries are like weeds here and you can pretty much pull over to the side of the road and pick them. A friend of ours has a lot of property and told us we could go and pick there. This was much easier for Chase because he was somewhat contained. However, I'm sad that I left my camera at home because it wasn't long until he started picking his own and his hands and mouth were stained red. Then decided to eat dirt...of course! So his face was covered in blackberry juice and mud, it was pretty cute and was pretty disappointed that I didn't bring my camera. However, later that night, I turned our sometimes tart fruit into yummy, sweet freezer jam!
On a more serious note...I finally received my book in the mail today and must leave my computer for now so I can read! I have a feeling the 754 page book may take me some time seeing as how whenever I get a moment to myself, no matter what I want to do, I fall asleep. I guess that's what having a super energetic 2 1/2 year old and an infant will do to you!

7 comments:

Bean said...

That Jam looks yummy!

whitney allison said...

I still have like 150 pages left and I just can't seem to sit down and get it done!

Spindle said...

you need to teach me how to do that! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I miss you tons!

Beckie said...

I love blackberries! One of my many favorite recipes is peach and blackberry cobbler! And by the way Happy Birthday, after all these years I still remember yours, mine and Mary's birthdays.

Whitaker Family said...

You made your own jam!! I think you are awesome. I am still working on figuring out basic dinners. I hope you can sit down and read the book soon-I loved it!

One Girl and Three Crazy Boys! said...

you are awesome! not only did you go and pick your own berries but you went and made jam with it!-with a newborn! hey we changed our url to our blog inloveatnaturalarches.blogspot.com so hopefully you can find it still.

Aaron & Carrie Warnick said...

oh girl that is so cool how you do so many things. Wow. I don't know how you do it and survive. Your such a great mom and tim is such a great dad! I hope that you had a great birthday yesterday. I can't wait to hang out with you tonight! love ya! p.s I have miss placed my phone so could you call me at work???