Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Help?

Does anyone have any good websites for baby names? Or if you didn't name your child a name you've liked all your life, where did you come up with it? I just feel like I'm having second thoughts about the name we've kind of decided on already, but I'm not sure. I think mostly because once the name was said, Tim said he liked it and that just does not happen, so I stopped looking. And I'm not so sure I've found a spelling I like, so I won't "reveal" the name yet if you don't already know it. So help me out if any of you have good ideas! I like names that aren't popular but something that isn't too weird, just something more uncommon I guess.

6 comments:

GF baking queen said...

we got all of our names from our Geneology. Look back in your lines and see if there is an old family name that strikes your fancy!

Michelley said...

I always went to Barnes and Noble and looked at baby name books. I found a good one I really liked - it was short (which was nice because you don't have to read through 10,000 names), but they were all different but not too weird names. It's buried right now somewhere in Jaxon's room and he's sleeping - so I'll have to tell you the name later

Amy said...

I went to this site alot: www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames It lists the most popular names and you can choose the year and the sex and list up to 1000 I think. I liked it because I could see if a name I liked was too popular but you also get ideas.

soyandrue said...

I agree with Jen -- we recycled our names from family group sheets! But babynames.com will give you the meaning of names, and all the various spellings, and origin, and the likelihood of whether they'll ever be president of the United States...(JK!)

Bryan said...

Bryan is a solid girl name.

benny said...

www.babynamer.com