Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Poor Baby!

So yesterday I was in Travis' spa store and whenever I go in there, I just put Chase in one of the empty hot tubs becuase he can play and stay in one spot! Well, he fell while he was inside of one, and I didn't really see him fall, but I knew he hit his head becuase he had a huge bump. So he was fine, no passing out or anything. Then later that night, we noticed that he wasn't really using his left arm at all. He wasn't using it to stand up, which was difficult, and he would cry when we tried to move it. So we decided to take him to Valley Immediant Care, it's cheaper than the ED. So the doctor took some x-rays of him and didn't see any fracture but could definalty tell something was wrong with his elbow. So they sent us to an Orthopedic this morning and they took more x-rays, and they didn't see a fracture either. They did say there is a common fracture in children that can't be seen in an x-ray and he could have that, but he thinks he probably strained it really bad. He said he did see a lot of swelling there. So they put him in the hard splint thing and wrapped it up with an ace bandage. I just have to watch him for the next few days and see how he's using his arm, but other than that he should be fine. I just feel so bad for him, he was screaming his head off last night when they were taking all those x-rays and poking his arm to find out what was wrong. So here are some shots of his little splint thing, it's really kind of cute!



4 comments:

Bean said...

Poor little man!I hope you feel better chase!

Tris & Ken said...

Poor guy!!! What a cute little one, I love the sad little faces, perfect for the camera. Cutie pie.

Kirkham Family said...

Can I just tell you that I feel your pain!?!? The first time Livi fell down the stairs @ our in-laws, I barely caught her before she hit the tile floor..and when I put her on the floor, she couldn't get into a standing position using her right arm..so I knew something was wrong! We took her to the ER & she had fractured both her ulna and radius..she was in a splint/cast. Then the next time she was at our in-law (several months later) she tried to grab my nieces glasses off her face, so my niece grabbed her arm to stop her & dislocated her elbow (same arm!) She was in sooo much pain!! We took her to Community Care & they rotated it back in place..not even 2 seconds later she was fine!! So sorry this was a book, but I do feel your pain. Now that she has had her right arm hurt twice, she is left handed...

Jenn R. said...

I feel so bad. Poor little man.